Summer is a a great time to update and make small enhacements that make a huge difference. We put together a list of 5 things you can do to upgrade the look of your home this summer.
- Add Plants! Adding greens to your space not only improves the look of your home, but also the air quality. Placing a few plants in your living room area, bedroom or kitchen will create fresh air in your home all year round! Easy to maintain plants such as peace lily only require weekly watering and are sure to provide clean, fresh air as well as a totally enhanced look to your home.
- Change Your Lighting Let that summer sunshine in! If you have a big open living room or another space with a lot of windows, remove curtains or anything blocking the light from coming in. Also, make sure they are clean. This creates a fresh, light, airy look to your home and its the perfect touch for summer. Open windows also make your space look even bigger.
- Improve Your Lanscape There is nothing better than freshly grown flowers or vegetables in your yard during the summer months. Freshen up your lawn and fertilize your grass if there is any patchy or brown spots. A nice green lawn with a flower or vegetable garden creates an enchanted, outdoor vibe. Hanging baskets also make a huge difference of your home’s appearance and can brighten up the overall look.
- Move Your Furniture One way to open up space in your home is to move furniture around. A simple switch can make a huge difference and change the whole feel of the room. In winter, we typically like things cozied up and more close together. By spreading furniture around creates a nice, open space that is perfect for those summer parties and get-togethers.
- Add Summer Scents One of the easiest ways to create a summer feel in your home is using light, fresh summer candles. Whether you prefer a beachy scent or fresh linen, it is the perfect way to uplift your mood. Scents can go a long way in making your home feel (and smell) like summer.